Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: CinePost... better than Super 8 Sound?

  1. #1
    Ronson
    Guest Ronson's Avatar

    Post

    Hey folks,

    Has anyone here used the guys at CinePost in Atlanta? I just recently stumbled across their site, and being another one of those folks who wasn't 100 percent smitten with Super 8 Sound, I was wondering how CinePost stacks up, as another house with a rank.

    Or, if this has been discussed, is there a thread you can point/link me to?

    Many thanks!
    Ronson

    ------------------

  2. #2
    MovieStuff
    Guest MovieStuff's Avatar

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ronson:

    Has anyone here used the guys at CinePost in Atlanta?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    I've never used them for transferring super 8 but they do terrific work for 16mm and 35mm. I do restoration of old classic films for a distributor and they use CinePost for a lot of their work. The footage I receive from Myron at CinePost is always first rate. Again, though, not cheap.

    Roger

    ------------------
    Roger Evans
    MovieStuff
    http://www.afterimagephoto.tv/moviestuff.html

  3. #3
    rollemfilm
    Guest rollemfilm's Avatar

    Post

    i use them for my super8 and 16mm work. great!! good folks. they do the job right, fast and ship it out quickly. on a scale of 1-10, they get an 11.

    ------------------

  4. #4
    8th Man
    Guest 8th Man's Avatar

    Post

    Did anyone ever get around to using The Tranfer Station?
    They're in Northridge CA and are less expensive than both Pro8mm and Yale and I assume Cinepost.
    What's the verdict because I've got some 16mm and S8 that'll need trans in about a week.

    ------------------
    PRM

  5. #5
    Ronson
    Guest Ronson's Avatar

    Post

    Thanks for the feedback... keep it coming!

    Another question: it sounds like the cost of using CinePost is comparable to Super 8 Sound... is that correct? Would anyone care to give me an example or two?

    And will CinePost transfer everything? Color, b/w, reversal, negative...?

    (I've sent CinePost an inquiry for pricing, etc, but haven't gotten word back yet, and since I'm excited by the prospect of using a transfer house other than S8S...)

    And a vaguely related question: is the Vision 200T negative stock offered straight from Kodak comparable to the same stock offered by Super 8 Sound? Has anyone shot both?

    Again, many thanks!
    Ronson

    ------------------

  6. #6
    8th Man
    Guest 8th Man's Avatar

    Post

    There is no reason why the Kodak 200t that Pro8 cut's themselves isn't exactly the same as what you get directly from Kodak since it's the same stock.
    In fact the surveilance film may have the edge since there would be fewer flaws, in theory. I got a roll of 50d from Pro8 that was pretty scratchy for the first few seconds. Their cutting room may not be 100% dust free, and I doubt that would happen at the Kodak lab.

    ------------------
    PRM

  7. #7
    Nigel
    Guest Nigel's Avatar

    Post

    They are the only guys I will ever do business with S8 for. I give them 10 thumbs up. You can't go wrong for S8. Until someone gets a brand spankin' new Film:Tape Xfer unit they are the best.

    Good Luck

    ------------------

  8. #8
    Scott Spears
    Guest Scott Spears's Avatar

    Post

    Hey 8th Man,

    A friend of mine has used the Transfer Station and loves them. I've seen his stuff and it looks great.

    Scott

    ------------------

  9. #9
    rollemfilm
    Guest rollemfilm's Avatar

    Post

    remember, the transfer station does "not" have a super8 gate for their rank service. if you want a rank transfer of your super8 there are only 3 places that i know of: www.cinepost.com www.yalefilmandvideo.com www.super8sound.com
    this does not mean that the transfer house does not do good work. there are times when a basic film chain transfer is all that you need. just pointing out the facts here...

    ------------------

  10. #10
    Scott Spears
    Guest Scott Spears's Avatar

    Post

    Rollemfilm,

    The Transfer Station does have a Super-8 gate for their Rank. They made it themself and I have seen the results and they look good.

    Scott

    ------------------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •